Re: libgl1-mesa-dri 7.6-1 + libgl1-mesa-glx 7.6-1 working on PowerBook5.8?

Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
I cannot risk to break the usability of a PowerBook5,8 - so before
upgrading both packages to 7.6-1: Did someone out there get both
mentioned packages, version 7.6-1, to work without problems on a
Powerbook5.8?

See bugs #549588 #550691 for more ...

Problem is I don't find my currently installed, more or less working
versions 7.4-2 anywhere as packages any more. Which means, after
upgrading, there seems to be a problem to go back to the version
currently being installed.

In my experience, Testing has still issues with Radeon dri driver on PPC.
I didn't had time to investigate more since last time, but I tested several xorg.conf. EXA seems a no go: immediate crash of the machine with glxgears. XAA let run glxgears OK, but some programs (e.g. Nexuiz) freeze the display and some advanced opengl based screen-savers hard freeze the whole system.

May be you will have more luck with a R3x0, but this is my present experience with R280.

Good Luck

--
Stéphane Louise