Re: Regarding GRUB 2

Hello Rogério,

Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br> wrote:
> On Feb 21 2009, Michel Dänzer wrote:
>> The HFS filesystem module fails to read some files, in particular files with
>> an underscore in the filename. This makes GRUB2 unable to load _linux.mod
>> from an HFS filesystem, making it hard for PowerPC Mac users to migrate from
>> yaboot to GRUB2.
> (...)
> What are your experiences with grub-ieee1275?

Since I've figured out how to get it running [1], it works like a charm. …
eemm, not fully, after an kernel update, you have to run update-grub
manually, but that's it.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2009/06/msg00064.html

> I'm still keeping an installation of MacOS X 10.4 on my iBook G3 and I
> would like to keep it.

It's possible, pretty much the same like on yaboot. Or you can use
os-prober, but I didn't and doesn't know if it works.

Bye, Jörg.
“UNIX was not designed to stop people from doing stupid things, because
 that would also stop them from doing clever things.”
            (Doug Gwyn)