installing debian on an: Apple PowerBook G4 550 (Gigabit - Ti)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: installing debian on an: Apple PowerBook G4 550 (Gigabit - Ti)
- From: sergio sevillano <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 17:45:08 +0200
- Message-id: <4A9D4184.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <1251809102.6068.0.camel@debian>
- References: <4A9CF93C.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4A9CFAD3.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1251809102.6068.0.camel@debian>
i have tried many live cd distros un-successfuly
i gess im having trouble with the graphic card:
(ATI Mobility Radeon (4X AGP) graphics with 16 MB of DDR SDRAM; screen
size is 1152x768 )
so all previous installations where ok but after final reboot
i could not visualize the desktop.
finally i have installed debian502 but with no desktop.
plain console that looks ok to me.
can someone give me a hint of what should be next step?
i gess is finding a driver for the card,
then installing KDE?