Need to wipe/erase hard drive of iBook G4

I'm part of a group called Project Phoenix (open source blood pressure monitor), and I'm trying to get us to use Linux rather than Windows.

The laptop we're using for Linux is an iBook G4.

I didn't realize until now that the Linux world has limited support for the Mac/Apple/PowerPC computer.  Since Debian is a popular distro and has PowerPC support, I have decided tentatively that we're going with this.

THE BIG QUESTION:
How do I wipe/erase the hard drive given that OS X is NOT installed?  The person who donated this laptop used SUSE Linux on it.  Also, the hard drive was not properly erased/wiped, so I'd like to take care of that myself.

Please note that I have tried the PowerPC version of Boot and Nuke, and I'm not sure that Boot and Nuke is working properly.  So I'm looking for an alternative to Boot and Nuke.
--
Jason Hsu <jhsu802701@jasonhsu.com>