Re: hwclock: NVRAM flat battery sets date to 1904

Same thing that happens when one forget to compile in rtc?
Done that a few times.

On 16. mai. 2009, at 09.47, Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br> wrote:

Hi, Mark.

On May 16 2009, Mark Purcell wrote:
+       hwclock --set --date 2009-5-16

I have always done something like that with my system, since openbsd's
nntpd doesn't seem to be able to update the time initially when it is
too far from the current date.

A more flexible solution (while still quick'n'dirty) would be to put the
date of the last shutdown in a given file and, in the hwclock script,
see if it such a file (like, say, the files in /etc/default/) is
readable and update the clock from that, while, otherwise, falling back
to a date like yours.

Regards, Rogério Brito.

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{mackenzie,ime.usp}.br : GPG key 1024D/7C2CAE B8