About the computational power of g4 machines

Hi.

I have the opportunity to buy an iBook G4 800MHz so that i can continue
working with Debian + PowerPC.

I have two questions, which I list below.

On May 12 2009, drz wrote:
> Anybody tried this out on a powerbook g4 (1.33Ghz here):

Is one machine of these able to play the videos listed below?

http://images.apple.com/movies/us/hd_gallery/gl1800/480p/gilmour_480p.mov
http://images.apple.com/movies/us/hd_gallery/gl1800/720p/gilmour_720p.mov
http://images.apple.com/movies/us/hd_gallery/gl1800/1080p/gilmour_1080p.mov

If anybody could test it under other clocks (say, using the different
governors/frequency scaling), it would be very informative.

Another question: is a Radeon 7500 mobility with 32MB of VRAM able to
use compiz and similars?

I depend on the questions above to get myself an used ppc box so that I
can use it in, say, Debconf 9 (let me cross my fingers).

Regards, Rogério.