iBook G4 dual head

Hello Debian/PowerPC people

I recently acquired an iBook G4 12" 1GHz. Early 2004 model.
I have updated the hardware and software for it.
My machine now has 1.25GB ram, 160GB hard disk, airport extreme.
Dual boots OSX 10.5 and Debian Lenny.
Its a marvelous little machine.
Replacing the hard disk was interesting.
http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/iBook-G4-12-Inch-800-MHz-1-2-GHz-Hard-Drive-Replacement/166/1

I've enabled screen spanning http://rutemoeller.com/mp/ibook/ibook_e.html
and I have an external monitor attached. It works well in dual head mode under OSX.

In Debian, the external monitor runs in clone mode at 1024x768, the same as the laptop's LCD.
I'd like to run it in dual head mode with the external monitor at 1200x1024.

Has anybody had success configuring X.Org to run in dual head mode with this hardware?
The graphics chip is ATI M9+ 5C63 [Radeon Mobility 9200]. The driver is radeon.

Jamie Downs
New Zealand