Re: PowerBook G4 12"

Hi Mp,

I don't think, that linux shows better perfomance than Mac OS X on an
G4, but I didn't measure any benchmarks and who knows ...

I have used debian lenny for some time on a Powerbook G4 12" and went
for unstable/experimental last week. Both do nicely.

If you are new to linux be prepared for some work getting power saving
and special mac keys working like you want. Biggest drawback of linux on
nvidia-ppcs is lack of stable support for the graphic chipset. You won't
be able to use an additional external monitor and suspend functions ...
unless you install the very recent nouveau driver which shows (at least
on my installation) persistent fights with the terminal frame buffer
driver.

Regards,

M.