From: m p <mpcrespo4@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:50:56 -0400
To: <debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: PowerBook G4 12"

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 8:15 PM, m p <mpcrespo4@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
I just read your thread on installing linux on PB G4. I have a 1.33
Mhz, 1.25 GB RAM, 64MB nvidia video. I'm completely new to the linux
world and looking for some advice on installing the ideal flavor of
linux on my system. I want something that will run smootly and give me
better performance. My system overtime has become slow and a friend
suggested Linux. Is Debian "lenny" a good alternative? Is it user
friendly to newbies? I am somewhat familiar with command line, but
haven't used it in a while...how much of is needed? I've heard of Arch
Linux as well...and Ubuntu...whats ur opinion?

   I will like the one that will utilize my PB's resources wisely and enhance my performance...I'm really excited to enter the linux world! Just want to get some advice before making the leap. Also, whats the easiest way to make system dual boot. I don't want to risk loosing my current data under mac os 10.3.9.

Thanks for all of your feed feedback!

Thanks,
Mp