Re: Problem with lastfm client on debian ppc linux

* thegame4121982@msn.com <thegame4121982@msn.com> [2009-01-22 19:37:53 CET]:
> Hi I am having some problems with the lastfm client under debian linux
> on the powerpc platform. When I use Lastfm client there appears to be
> a lot of lag from logging on to lastfm using the client to the
> stations and songs themselves loading. Everything seems to take longer
> than it should and the station stops playing music maybe after three
> to four songs.

 Out of curiosity because you haven't mentioned it and noone asked, what
version are you using? I'm on lenny with lastfm version
1:1.5.1.32879.dfsg-1 and can't reproduce it. Works like a charm over
here.

> I can't listen to lastfm on the web site becaue there is no flash for
> powerpc.

 There is, but neither swfdec nor gnash seems to be able to play the
lastfm flashplayer (or myspace player, FWIW :/).

> The weird thing is When I use last exit another program available on
> powerpc that also plays lastfm, none of these problems occur but the
> program seems buggy.

 First time I've heard of it and yes, seems to be pretty buggy. I can
open the selection interface, but can't start anything from there, it's
weird.

> It crashes when I search for radio stations and I can't figure out how
> to play my library in last exit.

 Propably we should write a bugreport against that package, it seems to
be pretty unusable to me. Anyone who is able to actualy use it?

 So long!
Rhonda