Re: ndiswrapper fails to build

Em Mon, 22 Sep 2008 03:12:05 +0200
benoar <benoar@free.fr> escreveu:

> On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 21:35:34 -0300, Gunther Furtado
> <gunfurtado@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been trying to build ndiswrapper using module-assistant with no
> > success.
> >
> > The machine is an clamshell iBook 300Mhz running debian lenny
> > official kernel.
> >
> > Any hints?
>
> ndiswrapper can't work on ppc machines because the windows wifi
> drivers are not emulated but are directly run on the processor, which
> is impossible here as they are made for the x86 architecture.
> Why do you want to use ndiswrapper ?

Sorry! I assumed it would work because it was available for powerpc[1].
Is that for crosscompiling purposes?

> What wifi chip are you using ?
> If it's for the broadcom included in most macintoshes, the b43 driver
> will do.

This particular iBook doesn't have an airport card. This is what dmesg
tells me about the stick i am trying to put to work:

usb 1-1.2: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 7
usb 1-1.2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
usb 1-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=1286, idProduct=1fab
usb 1-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
usb 1-1.2: Product: 54M USB Wireless NIC
usb 1-1.2: Manufacturer: Tenda..

It worked perfectly on an Athlon machine (ndiswrapper way). Is there
any hope for me?

> benjamin

[1] http://packages.debian.org/lenny/ndiswrapper-source

Thanks,