Re: IRQ not detected for a USB PCI card in a beige G3

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 02:05:56AM -0300, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Rog=E9rio_Brito_ wrote:
> > I upgraded to 2.6.26 to get a working rt2x00 driver
> I'm also on the same boat, but I had a lengthy discussion and debugging
> session with Ivo van Doorn, the maintainer of rt2x00, to get my wifi
> stick working and, to cut a long story short, the driver stopped working
> on 2.6.26 on (at least) amd64, but he told me that he found the problem
> and fixed it on 2.6.27 (and I confirmed this on amd64, at least).
> Are you able to use rt2x00 without problems on Debian's 2.6.26?
Yes, but not for a USB stick, for a PCI version, so that could be the
difference

> * I think that communicating this to the kernel team would be a good
>   thing.
True, I guess ;-)

> * The other thing that you can do is try to compile one of the
>   release candidates of 2.6.27 (or 2.6.27 proper, if it has already been
>   released).
Mmmm ... I'll maybe try that. My main problem is that it really takes
ages to compile on the G3 :P

> > 00:0d.0 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 62)
> > 00:0d.1 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 62)
> > 00:0d.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB 2.0 (rev 65) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
> I have a two port USB 2.0 card with a VIA chipset here that I will try
> on my old PowerMac 8500 180/MP to see if I am able to use it. What are
> the problems that you found with EHCI, BTW?
It works for a few seconds and then the driver starts to reset the
board. I googled a while ago and it seemed that this chipset was too
buggy and that nobody could figure out how to make it work properly, so
I gave up -- this is not much of a problem since my most common use of
it on the beige G3 is for a printer which has only USB1 anyway.

Thanks !

Sylvain