Re: snd-aos not working on a PowerBook6,2 (PowerBook G4 12")

On Aug 19 2008, Charles Plessy wrote:
> snd-powermac was making the system freeze on G5 iMacs. That's why it
> was disabled around Etch release.

I didn't know that. Is that still the case? I don't know if BenH is
still subscribed to this list, but I guess that he would love to know
about this.

Oh, BTW, I just finished an install of Debian Lenny on the Kurobox you
sent me.

I was "fighting" a lot with this unknown architecture. I guess that we
could include support for such embedded boxes in the next Debian release
(as Freescale seems to be producing a lot of these machines).

Getting a recent kernel to have glibc running (it requires kernel >=
2.6.8) and udev (it requires kernel >= 2.6.18) was a major challenge.

Now, I want to get kernel-package supporting the generation of uboot
images.

Regards, Rogério Brito.