Re: keyboard in Etch on powerbook

Dear Wolfgang,

Many thanks for your hints, it seems my problems were due to lack of
AltGr which is used (almost universally) to obtain ąęćł etc. I found a
workaround which is  mapping Win Right as a third level selector in
Gnome (Preferences->Keyboard) and it works without any other changes.
If I may add my 2c, lack of proper input after otherwise extremely
smooth installation spoils the whole experience, it would be enough to
give user an option to map AltGr during the install warning him/her of
the problems they can get into if they don't. Or maybe this is already
solved in lenny installer? After all everybody knows Powerbook
keyboard layouts and the are not got going to change :)

Is this option in xorg.conf doing the same thing?

>        Option          "XkbOptions"    "lv3:lwin_switch"

Piotr

--
http://okle.pl