Re: Mouse doesn't work on iBook G4 after sleep in Sid

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 01:07:53PM +0100, Thomas Constans wrote:

> Le vendredi 28 mars 2008 à 10:45 +0100, Gaudenz Steinlin a écrit :
>
> > I also see this occasionally. It does not happen on every suspend/resume
> > cycle. But for me it's always enogh to just rmmod and modprobe
> > appletouch. Just switch to a text console with ctrl-alt-f1, login as
> > root and type "rmmod appletouch ; modprobe appletouch".
> >
> > My machine is a powerbook5,8 and I'm using 2.6.25-rc7 (self compiled).
>
> I also experience this on my up-to-date sid, ibook g14 12"
>
> I am *not* sure it is related to suspend / resume, but it may.

I always thought it to be related, but I'm not 100% sure. I often notice
it later because I'm primarily using a bluetooth mouse. It could be that
the mouse was already stuck before going to suspend and I only noticed
it after resume when being "on the road" without my bluetooth mouse.

> Sometimes, my mouse is stuck, though some kind of event (click, move
> event) are still sent to x server.

I'll have to check this next time it happends. Did you test this with
xev or how do you know that events still go to the x server?

> If i modprobe -r appletouch && modprobe appletouch, i an get back
> correct *basic* mouse movement. synaptic related stuff are gone.
>
> Strangest stuff is this: if i switch to console, then back to x, i get
> my synaptic stuff ( finger scroll, tap to click, etc.) back.

I can confirm this. Did not notice it before.

> So i think it is related to synaptic driver.

me too, though I'm not sure if there aren't two unrelated bugs. One in
the synaptic driver and one related to suspend/resume. The original bug
reporter should do some tests to check this (CCed).

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.