Re: After Etch install MacOS9.2.2 not booting anymore.

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 08:46:18AM -0700, alexandre suzuki wrote:
> I am tuning my new Etch system,I have finally
> installed
> using a small HFS partition on the harddisk and a
> netinstall ISO in a flash key.The problem is: I cannot
> boot anymore my MacOS 9.2.2 partition,when I try
> booting
> from a CD the MacOS on it does not even recognize the
> 2 HFS+ and HFS on the harddrive(only recognize the all
> HardDisk,and I do not wish to erase all and start from
> scratch).The files on the HFS partitions are intact,I
> copy them to Etch without any problem.
> I used ybin to configure booting on both
> partitions,but
> using a tested yaboot.conf file(I used it with Sarge),
> so the problem is probably related with the partitions
> (HFS,HFS+),or files MacOSROM and System used by
> OpenFirmware to load the system,something was changed
> during the install of Etch,but all happend normally
> with all screens.How to fix that without starting all
> from scratch is challenging,at first sight.Any idea
> about how to get over this?

My first guess would be that something happened to your
driver partitions. Could you send the full partition
map from your drive (as seen from Linux)? Try this:

/sbin/mac-fdisk -l <drive>

While substituting <drive> for the proper device, most
likely /dev/hda or /dev/sda.

If that doesn't work, try this instead:

/sbin/parted -s <drive> print

This should show at least some Apple_Driver* partitions
of some sort.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com