Re: aptitude safe-upgrade says libgnomekbd-common is being kept back on sid powerpc systems

Le Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 03:28:15PM -0500, Rick Thomas a écrit :

> When I do "aptitude safe-upgrade" on my sid powerpc systems, it says
> that libgnomekbd-common is being kept back.  This has been going on for a
> week or more.

Hi Rick,

The libgnomekbd source package has been updated to 2.22.0-2. It builds
architecture-dependant and -independant packages. The update of the
architecture-independant ones is immediate, as all uploads to Debian are source
plus binary. The other binary packages have been autobuilt on powerpc, but not
installed in the main archive:

http://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=libgnomekbd

Therefore, libgnomekbd2, that requires libgnomekbd-common to be of the same
version, is not installable on powerpc. I suggest that you contact the buildd
administrator.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy