Re: Bug#506566: aptitude: [powerpc] segfaults when selecting a given option in the menu
- To: Rogério Brito <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Bug#506566: aptitude: [powerpc] segfaults when selecting a given option in the menu
- From: Sven Joachim <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 18:21:25 +0100
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20081122165833.GA1908__28472.firstname.lastname@example.org> ("Rogério Brito"'s message of "Sat, 22 Nov 2008 14:58:35 -0200")
- References: <20081122165833.GA1908__28472.email@example.com>
merge 503158 506566
On 2008-11-22 17:58 +0100, Rogério Brito wrote:
> Package: aptitude
> Severity: important
> X-Debbugs-CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
> I just got rid of MacOS X on my iBook G3 (powerpc) and installed things
> using the lenny RC 1 installation CD (full installation CD).
> When I try to go to aptitude's menu to disable the automatic
> installation of recommends, it segfaults. :-( I then switched to
> unstable and got the same behaviour.
> More specifically, when I pressed C-T (to activate the drop-down menu),
> then went to "Options" and selected "Preferences", it segfaulted on the
Seems this has already been reported as #503158.
> I can send an strace of it, if desired.
That would not be useful, a gdb backtrace (after installing aptitude-dbg
and libcwidget3-dbg) would be needed. But we already have one, see