Re: anyone running a PS3

(d-k folks, please let me know if you're feeling spammed by the cross-posting)

okay, reporting back in on this...

using the 2.6.26.5 kernel from the debian kernel snapshot repo, the system
successfully boots up!

however, there seems to be another, perhaps more subtle problem lurking
in this kernel too.  the symptoms are a system which gradually slows
down, to the point of being unresponsive and needing a hard-reboot, and
individual processes hanging in an unkillable state.

typically this takes about an hour or two.  the first time it happened i
was in the middle of installing about a gig of packages (apt-get install
gnome...), another time it was while trying to play a video.

occassionally kernel log messages pop up regarding what seems to be the
wireless component of the gelic module (i'm not using it, but maybe n-m
is tickling it), and sometimes specific proccesses (apt-get in the previous
paragraph) will hang; several minutes after a kill -9 the kernel will
issue some kind of message about the task not responding.  sorry this
isn't really specific, i didn't have any kind of console logging set up
(i'll get a copy of it hte next time it happens).

i'll also try installing some vanilla upstream kernels to see if they suffer
from the same problems...

	sean