anyone running a ps3

hi folks,

(please cc me, i'm not subscribed)

anyone using a ps3 with a stock debian kernel, or know of existing issues
with said kernels in debian >= lenny?

i installed debian on my new ps3 using the debian-live based installer
from keshi.org, and then attempted to dist-upgrade my way to lenny.

everything went fine, minus the whole kernel not booting thing :)

i still have the old kernel on the system, but due to what i guess are
compatibility problems with udev[1] it won't boot with this either.
my current workaround is if i boot it without a root filesystem i can
get to the initrd prompt, from which i can manually load modules and
chroot my way into the system.  i've done some poking around and don't
see anything outright strange between the initrd's, though some of the
kernel options have changed, and the driver names are slightly different.

i updated the initramfs-tools config for which modules to include in the
initrd, adding the all the new ps3-looking modules, but it still fails
to boot (i'm not sure it even loads the initrd).

i went digging through the bts, but it seems all the reported ps3-related
patches and kernel config changes have been applied in the latest 2.6
.26 kernels.

anyone have some pointers or suggestions?  am i just missing some kboot
parameters?

thanks,
	sean

[1] there's a published warning about lenny udev with older kernels.  the
    system fully boots to a login prompt but the usb keyboard doesn't work.
    i could probably fix this by force-loading a few more modules, but it's
    only secondary to the non-booting kernel problem...