Re: Lenny: Flickering display with Radeon 9250 under X11

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 12:45:46 +0200
> Von: "Michel Dänzer" <daenzer@debian.org>
> An: Gerhard Pircher <gerhard_pircher@gmx.net>
> CC: debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
> Betreff: Re: Lenny: Flickering display with Radeon 9250 under X11

> On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 16:22 +0200, Gerhard Pircher wrote:
> >
> > Recently I tried out Debian Lenny on my AmigaOne G4 with a Radeon 9250.
> > I have a LCD monitor connected to it through DVI-I. Unfortunately the X
> > server outputs a flickering display to which the monitor can't
> > synchronize and thus is simply black most of the time. The same hardware
> > configuration works fine under Debian Etch, thus I guess it is a problem with
> > the X.org radeon driver. Did anybody else experienced this problem?
> > I also included the X.org.log file, but as far as I can tell it doesn't show any
> > information related to this problem.
>
> It shows that the 1600x1200 mode has a pixel clock of 162 MHz, which is
> close the single link DVI limit of 165 MHz. There are a couple of
> reports of problems like this at http://bugs.freedesktop.org with
> various suggestions for workarounds; IIRC the most workable ones come
> down to using custom mode definitions, using either reduced blanking
> periods or a lower refresh rate.
Thanks for the info! I thought I had seen something like a bugreport for
this problem before, but couldn't find it again.

> If you haven't yet, you might also want to try the driver upstream Git
> snapshot from experimental, there have been some tweaks to the clock
> programming code.
Okay, I'll take a look at the experimental branch. I guess there are no
experimental Debian packages yet or are they rebuild every day?
Do you think this (possible) bugfix will make it into the Lenny release?

regards,

Gerhard