MOL not working on Lenny - tun0 problem

I am trying to run the program Mac-on-Linux on Lenny running on my PowerBook G4/1.33 and when I type in the startup command on a terminal, I get the following.  (I added the boldface to direct this question.)

Starting MOL session 0
insmod /lib/modules/2.6.26-1-powerpc/extra/mol/mol.ko
Creating the /dev/sheep_net device node.
insmod /lib/modules/2.6.26-1-powerpc/extra/mol/sheep.ko
insmod /lib/modules/2.6.26-1-powerpc/kernel/drivers/net/tun.ko

Running in PowerPC 7400 mode, 256 MB RAM
Message from syslogd@debian at Sep 21 22:31:57 ...
kernel:[ 603.624807] unregister_netdevice: waiting for tun0 to become free. Usage count = 3
Terminating threads...
DONE

I never see a MOL startup screen outside of the Terminal except for a very brief moment.  It disappears almost immediately, reverting to "waiting for tun0" command line messages and then back to the Terminal where I copied this text from.  I suspect that the problem is with tun0, but I don't know anything about this or what it's doing. I didn't set up a tun0, at least not consciously.  Can anyone tell me what is going on and how I can fix this?