Re: ndiswrapper fails to build

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 03:12:05AM +0200, benoar wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 21:35:34 -0300, Gunther Furtado <gunfurtado@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been trying to build ndiswrapper using module-assistant with no
> > success.
> >
> > The machine is an clamshell iBook 300Mhz running debian lenny official
> > kernel.
> >
> > Any hints?
>
> ndiswrapper can't work on ppc machines because the windows wifi drivers are
> not emulated but are directly run on the processor, which is impossible
> here as they are made for the x86 architecture.
> Why do you want to use ndiswrapper ? What wifi chip are you using ? If it's
> for the broadcom included in most macintoshes, the b43 driver will do.

If I'm not completely mistaken the clamshell iBook has an original Airport card
(not Airport Extreme). This card is supported by the airport kernel module.

b43 is for the Airport Extreme cards based on the Broadcom chipset.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.