Re: G3 Beige Tower install help

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 08:28:38PM +0200, José JORGE wrote:
> A Wednesday 3 September 2008 14:22:01, Stephen Allen escreveu:
> > I've searched for an install 'how-to' and settled on the "G3-Beige" how to
> > on the Debian Wiki. There is a lot of conflicting advice on installing on
> > these old world machines in the wild, and it's quite confusing. Some say
> > not to use Boot-X and to use quik instead for example. Which way is the
> > debian way ?
>
> As far as I know, G3 is not oldworld.

The earliest G3 systems were oldworld. In particular, the beige PowerMac G3
desktop systems and the first few models of PowerBook G3 are oldworld. Any
system made after the introduction of the iMac (the first newworld system)
would generally be newworld, such as the Blue & White PowerMac G3. As far
as I know, the basic key is that built-in USB ports equals newworld.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com