Re: iBook xorg.conf file?

Hi. I have been a bit distant from my computer in the last few days.

On Jul 02 2008, José JORGE wrote:
> A Monday 30 June 2008 23:12:44, Rogério Brito escreveu:
> > Yes, I get DRI (at least on the logs---I have not used any OpenGL
> > application to confirm or glxinfo). But the DRM modules of the kernel
> > are all loaded and I get the iBook's xorg log mentioning that DRI is
> > enabled.
>
> Well, if I activate it, screen image is garbled, so even 2D is
> impossible...

Even with the file that I sent you?

> Definitively, DRI on Rage128 is needing some love from developpers....
> but as time goes by, I understand it is more and more deprecated.

I'm using a x86-64 system right now, but I have my iBook here at my side
and I'm downloading mesa-utils, so that I can tell you the outcome of,
say, glxinfo.

(Yes, just installed mesa-utils and I have "direct rendering: Yes" in
the output of glxinfo).

BTW, I can post my configuration files somewhere (perhaps this could be
in a Wiki?), including my xorg.conf, my kernel's .config file, my
sysctl.conf (to activate the mouse buttons emulation), etc. I have
posted some of these recipes in the past in my "blog" (way back when
they weren't called blogs). :-)

In particular, I spent a good amount of time getting an OldWorld
PowerMac running Debian, booting with miboot, a floppy and a custom
kernel tailored to balance the SCSI drivers that I needed to boot and
modules that I had to use, but weren't essential.

To complicate the matters somewhat, I couldn't see the output of quik
(the bootloader for OldWorld machines) and I had a good amount of kernel
panics. Not exactly my notion of fun, but it was a good thing to learn
more about the PowerPC side of things.

Regards, Rogério Brito.