Re: Can I open the macro "CONFIG_8xx" in function do_page_fault() in file kernel\linux-2.6.14-cgl\arch\ppc\mm\fault.c

On Jun 18, 2008, at 11:36 PM, Hema wrote:

Hi All,

For function do_page_fault(), my understanding is that if a "push
stack" actions occurs for a protected area (such as thread stack guard
area protected by "mprotect"), it will come here.

But it seems SIGSEGV can only be sent when CONFIG_8xx is defined. My
CPU is 8541 and I want to open this macro, but I also found there are
sveral parts in the kernel related to this macro. And I'm not sure
about it's impact.

Could any one give some proposals?

You reference kernel version 2.6.14-cgl. That's not one that debian ships, so you should take your comments to whatever vendor provided you with it. It might be changed in ways we have no idea about.

That being said, note that 8xx and 85xx is completely different processors, and the MMU on them works differently. 85xx defines CONFIG_E500.

The CONFIG_.* defines are generated by the kernel configuration subsystem.

But please, take these questions to the appropriate forum for the kernel you are working with, not the debian-powerpc list.

-Olof