Kernel oops with linux-image-2.6.24-1-powerpc 2.6.24-7 after segfault

Everything is described on

(see the full discussion). Here's a summary:

When I start vlc from zsh and interrupt it with Ctrl-C several times,
it segfaults, the kernel oops whilst trying to page in memory to write
the coredump, and the vlc process remains as a zombie. When I kill its
parent (zsh), the zombie is re-attached to init. The load average is
increased by 4 (e.g., if I have 3 zombies, the load average becomes 12
while the CPU is idle).

Also, I didn't notice it before, but the screen brightness is
automatically set to 100%.

My current kernel is linux-image-2.6.24-1-powerpc 2.6.24-7 (I had the
same problem with the previous version 2.6.24-6).

Note: When I start vlc from bash or pdksh, I do not have this problem.
So, if you want to try to reproduce it, use zsh to start vlc (even
"zsh -f" to make sure rc files do not change anything important).

Does anyone else have the same problem?