Re: Will Debian 5.0 have support for PS3?

Norberto Feliberty wrote:
>  Hi, are you in charge of making linux happen on the PS3?

Yes.

> If so, do you
> know if support for the PS3 will be included with Debian 5?

That is up to the Debian community.

Everything is ready, the mainline 2.6.24 kernel supports PS3,
the needed utilities are here:

  http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/cell/ps3-utils/

Those are the minimal things needed.  There are a lot of other
optional things that could be included.

Ubuntu, Fedora, Suse, Gentoo, Yellow Dog, Momonga all have supported
PS3 for a long time, so I don't see any reason why Debian can't.

If you are serious, you should get involved.

> Also do you
> know when will it be possible to use accelerated graphics on the PS3

I don't think that will happen for Debian 5.  I can't say when.

-Geoff