Re: lenny on powerbook g4

Hi Ralf,

I'm running debian testing on a 12" powerbook G4 for about a year now.
Nearly everything worked out of the box.

libgl1-mesa-dri is at least recommended by xorg.

bcm43xx works for me both with network/interfaces + wpasupplicant and
with networkmanager-gnome. Well, the latter works only when the WPA2 key
is entered as hash, but not when entered as clear text. -- Perhaps you
could give some more details about your bcm43xx problems?

What I'm missing most is:

* Dual display, that's not supported by xserver-xorg-video-nv. There's
  a proprietary driver from nvidia that should be able to do it -- but
  it's not available for ppc.

* A usable microphone level with sound by layout. Sound in and out
  works well, only the microphone level is much too low e.g. for a
  voip communication, and it's not adjustable (see my previous
  message on this list.)

Minor shortcommings are a lack of sun or ibm java (that's needed by some
web applications I'd like to use) and no google-earth for ppc.

Regards,

Manuel