RE: please help investigate potential gcc / kernel ICE on powerpc32 machines in lenny/sid.

Please, yet again, stop personal attacks against developers. That could be the cause to get banned again from this list.

Sent from a mobile device.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: "Sven Luther" <sven@powerlinux.fr>
Para: debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
Enviado: 21/08/07 04:34 a.m.
Asunto: please help investigate potential gcc / kernel ICE on powerpc32 machines in lenny/sid.

Hi, ...

I ask for volunteers to help investigate the bug

I tried investigating it, despite what was done to me, and it appears on
both my -mitx board and ag-'s powerbook G4.

It does not appear on the augsbourg powerpc64 machines, which means
something is fishy, and since the debian project has expulsed me, i am
not able to test this on the official debian machines. It seems Martin
Michlmair has said he tested it on a official debian machine, but on the
same time Bastian Blank says :

  (10:37:53)< waldi> ag-: unable to check, the debian ppc32 machines are
  broken

So, i wonder who is telling the truth, or if there is some kind of
confusion going on.

This bug is RC, since it stops the kernel from being built on the
debian powerpc autobuilders, which means the powerpc port does not
satisfy the release rules.

Furthermore, this is one more case where the vendetta of a small vocal
minority of DDs against me, is hurting the whole port, since i cannot
investigate it using debian machines, and since i am banned from most
debian lists and irc channels where this could be discussed. I am sorry
to bring this up one more time, but it is urgent that someone else steps
up, and investigates this kind of issues, or the powerpc debian port
will go one more step to oblivion.

I am sorry that this happens, but i have done what i could, and have
been hurt too much by debian's leadership, who refuse any mediation or
normalization of this mess, despite my continuous good will and appeals
at conciliation.

Sadly,

Sven Luther