Re: unable to boot linux-2.6.18.4

On Sat, Apr 28 2007, at 16:44 +0800, William Xu wrote:
> Wolfgang Pfeiffer <roto@gmx.net> writes:
>
> > The kernel above is a from the git repository, IINM.
> > The config is attached.
>
> Your config works great !

Which means you have a bootable kernel now, right? If not you might
want let us know ...

> Except that my root fs is xfs, which makes me
> recompile it with xfs built-in. Also in yaboot.conf i changed hdc to
> hda.
>
> One little problem is that i need to apply Andy Wingo's capslock patch
> again..
>
> Thanks a lot !

Definitely welcome: I'm always glad to hear that this - at times -
cumbersome kernel config editing helps others, too .... :)

BTW: For the next kernel I'll compile I'll have a closer look at the
"multicast" enabled kernel option - which is, AFAIKS, currently not
switched on with the config I sent here ... not being sure what this
'multicast' thing is, but IIRC I got an error, or so, in the past
weeks, and I'll possibly enable this switch next time I compile this
nice beast again ... :)

At any rate: Good luck :)

Best Regards
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

I made slight changes on Key ID: E3037113. Please refresh it.
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on