Re: Flickering screen on a cinema display.

Le Sat, Apr 28, 2007 at 07:07:37AM +0000, Jack Malmostoso a écrit :
> On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 07:50:05 +0200, Charles Plessy wrote:
>
> > My problem is that I can not ask for a new graphical card just because I
> > can not install linux on my work computer: working with linux is more
> > comfortable in some cases
>
> Why don't you install linux in a virtual machine under OSX? With all the
> real estate of Apple Cinema Displays you won't have a hard time fitting a
> 1024x768 Debian desktop alongside the rest of your OSX windows.

Because I do not know how to do this ? Also, I would like to use linux
for bioinformatics, so performance and memory can be an issue, and I
only have one Go of RAM on this machine. In addition, there are a few
things I dislike on osX and did not manage to fix, so having linux as a
working environment except when needing msword macros seemed a nice
idea for me.

Thanks for the hint,

--
Charles