Re: Etch - iBook G4 - no sleep

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:55:13 +0200
Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 08:21 +1000, Typhoon wrote:
> > I've just installed Etch on my iBook G4 12". Installation from the
> > xfce single disk using Desktop, Mail server and Laptop checked in
> > the Task select options.
> >
> > The thing will not go to sleep. I later added the
> > gnome-power-manager package. "Suspend computer" now appears as an
> > option in the gdm "Actions" menu, but it does nothing.
> >
> > Sleep worked OK on this laptop when running Ubuntu.
> >
> > Can anyone give me some clues as to what I am missing?
>
> Are you in the powerdev group?

OK, thanks to everyone.

I reinstalled from the main Debian disk #1 and 'sleep' now works, but
only from the Power Icon on the top panel.

I presume there is some gdm config that I need to do to get the various
options to show up when using the shutdown menus from the Desktop menu.

Anyway, it works now, even if I don't know why.

Cheers,
Alan