Re: Mightymouse horizontal scroll with kernel 2.6.18

Hi !

I have also a USBMighty Mouse from Mitsumi. I got the scrolling
working with the following lines in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf with Debian
kernel 2.6.18-4.

## apple mighty mouse
Section "InputDevice"
       Identifier      "Mighty Mouse"
       Option          "CorePointer"
       Driver          "evdev"
       Option          "Name"  "Mitsumi Electric Apple Optical USB Mouse"
       Option          "HWHEELRelativeAxisButtons" "7 6"
       Option          "Buttons"               "8"
EndSection

Strangely enough, the directions of scrolling (not only left/right,
but also horizontal/vertical) are mixed up, and this mix depends on
the version of the kernel package in Debian. I needed different
options with 2.6.18-3 and this configuration does not work with
2.6.20-1 (moving the ball horizontally scrolls vertically, moving it
vertically has no effect).

Cedric