Re: Help Needed on Etch CD/DVD images

Maxwell O. Yeboah wrote:
Hi,
I am new to linux and i have been trying to download a CD image so I can install on my Pentium III 800 MHz HP PC But due to the slow nature of the internet in our part of the world, i am unable to do so and I don't have a credit card to buy the CD set online.

While I sympathize with your quandary, I would like to point out that crossposting is generally frowned upon unless there is a very good reason to do it, and if you do the subject matter should be relevant to all mailing lists and recipients--debian-powerpc (the list by which your message showed up in my inbox) is for users of Debian on PowerPC hardware--these are generally high-end IBM workstations and servers and all but the most recent Apple Macintosh desktops and notebooks.

I would suggest posting such a query to debian-user, you are more likely to find someone there who will be willing to help you.

Good luck,
Andrew

I therefore want to ask you a favor if possible, to send me the Etch CD set via snail-mail. My Address is : Maxwell Obeng-Yeboah
Post Office Box NT 363,
New-Town Accra.
Ghana, West Africa

Don't get soaked. Take a quick peek at the forecast < http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail&#news> with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut. < http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail&#news>