Re: G3 (or other non-altivec machines) testers sought

On Jan 14, 2007, at 5:08 PM, Sjoerd Simons wrote:

Hi,

  Gstreamer currently has a release critical bug that seems to be only
reproducable on powerpc machines without altivec support and even then not always. The best hint to what the problem might be seems to indicate there is
  an issue in the libvisual altivec detection code[0]..

Here's an interesting counterpoint to my previous experiences with an OldWorld Beige G3 PowerMac...

I tried installing on a Blue&White G3 NewWorld (just barely! -- it was one of the very first of Apple's NewWorld PowerMacs).

It has the G3 processor (no altivec) but the wigglys don't happen!

I installed from the Jan 21, 2007 09:10:17 UTC "businesscard" CD.

I haven't tried the whole testing process that Sjoerd recommended. I will do that soon.

"Curiouser and curioser!", cried Alice.

Rick