performa 6400/200 - installation doesn't recognize cdrom

Are there any people who successfully installed Debian
on 6400/200?
I finally succeeded in booting using miboot floppies
(no other kind worked), the drivers copy well, it'd
seem, but the cdrom doesn't get recognized.
Is there any particular cdrom I should download that
would work?
I cannot use net install, as I have only a phone
jack--how hard would it be to get it replaced with an
ethernet card? What should I get to replace the phone
jack?
I did "google" a lot!
I am a newbie.
Tahnks, Hearthstone.