Re: Problem with cpufreqd

On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 08:48:06AM +0100, leandro noferini wrote:
> Ciao a tutti,
>
> I  am finding an  error in  my syslog  for cpufreqd  using a  new kernel
> 2.6.19.1 compiled by myself:
>
> Jan 14 08:45:22 janni cpufreqd: cpufreqd_set_profile : Couldn't set profile "Powersave Low" set for cpu0 (666666-666666-power-save
> Jan 14 08:45:22 janni cpufreqd: cpufreqd_loop : Cannot set policy, Rule unchanged ("none").

 Possibly, something not right in the kernel's .config.  You should
have
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_USERSPACE=y
and
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_USERSPACE=y

 The performance and powersave governors can be built as well, but
you need to use userspace as the default governor.  If you've built
it with a different default governor, you can try
echo 'userspace' >/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

 I use powernowd, so perhaps I'm pointing you in the wrong
direction.

ĸen