Re: Bug #400919: Bug affecting Kino (and Cinelerra) on PowerPC, any ideas?

Hi,

On Sunday 07 January 2007 16:59, Guido Guenther wrote:
> The ffmpeg and mplayer packages I provided were based on the packages
> from Christian Marillat (debian-multimedia.org). I sent all the
> necessary modifications back to him. I no longer build the packages
> myself - Christian autobuilds these now like on the other architectures.
>
> The ffmpeg binaries and libavcodec libs on debian-multimedia.org are (or
> at least were the last time I looked at) altivec optimized [1]. Building
> kino against it should give reasonable performance. Holger, could you
> try that as a first step? Once we have that we need two versions of
> ffmeg (altivec optimized and not and select the correct one during
> runtime) - probably using glibc capabilities like openssl does for i386.

actually it's about kino and ffmpeg in debian-main which should not have
altivec optimations, because if it does, it doesnt run on all ppc-hardware,
like my imac g3.

Unfortunatly I dont have time to build and test now, as I will leave tomorrow
and be away from my imac the next weeks :(

regards,
	Holger