Re: unable to boot Motorola Powerstack II

Am Dienstag, 2. Januar 2007 20:49 schrieb Sven Luther:

> you somehow don't get prep-installer, please fill a bug report.

I'm considering that, but first I want to make sure that the major problem is
not my lack of understanding basic ppc or OF concepts (since 1988, this is my
first step away from the x86 platform).

> this sounds like the older sarge installer images, not latest etch.

According to my filesystem info, I downloaded this from the debian site on
December 20th.

> no, you need the mkvmlinuz produced vmlinuz-2.6.18-3-prep. It should indeed
> be in /boot.

It is present under /boot. /boot/vmlinux ist linked to it under /boot.

> > Is there a chance that this will be fixed? I did not follow the
> > development, but this platform seems to be discontinued.
>
> Well, given the d-i situation, i don't know,

What I had in mind is the machine with the 604 CPU, not debian ppc. I bought
the machine 2nd hand in 2002 for 25 Euros... :-) It was part of a huge
government network the admins never got running. I believe it was
manufactured around 1999.

Matthias