Re: How to unlock a hfs partition?

Zhengpeng Hou wrote:

On Dec 11, 2007 6:00 PM, neuroj THC <neuroj@thctribe.net> wrote:
Zhengpeng Hou wrote:
On Dec 11, 2007 2:13 PM, P Kapat <kap4lin@gmail.com> wrote:

On Dec 10, 2007 2:33 PM, Ruben Vandeginste <snowbender@gmail.com> wrote:

At Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:49:49 +0100, Ennio-Sr wrote:

[using  2.6.18-5-powerpc  GNU/Linux on a iBool]

Hi all,

I'm trying to copy a file from ext2 to hfs partition, but the command:
# mount -t hfs -o rw /dev/hda25 /mnt
yields the warning:
hfs: filesystem is marked locked, mounting read-only.

Is there any way to unlock it?

Thanks for your attention,
      Ennio

Since you have a hfs partition, I assume you have a dual-boot with
OSX?

In that case, simply boot in OSX: the file system will be checked and
unlocked.  After reboot in linux, you will be able to mount it
read-write.

Doesn't one have to disable Journaling from OSX side for "safe"
read-write access?

recommend disable journaling on hfs partition.

I think hfs is not a journaled fs as hfs+.

hfs is hfs, and there also has hfsplus, both has journaling function.

What I mean is that You can use "journaling" feature with the hfsplus (macos extended) file system disks (in mac os x), but I'm not sure You can use that with hfs standard disks. I'm agree that hfs==hfs but hfs standard <> hfsplus.

/mauro