Re: Flash viewer for PPC Etch

Børge Holen wrote:
On Tuesday 04 December 2007 23:56:13 Roy Butler wrote:
Børge Holen wrote:
On Tuesday 04 December 2007 23:38:44 Andrzej Mendel wrote:
Børge Holen pisze:
On Tuesday 04 December 2007 21:52:00 Bin Zhang wrote:
On Dec 4, 2007 8:05 PM, Roy Butler <roy.butler@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
I'm running Debian Etch on a PPC.  Using Iceweasel/Firefox with the
libflash-mozplugin.so 0.4.12, I can get Flash working on sites like

        http://www.nvidia.com/

but not on

        http://www.youtube.com/

Is there a different plugin which would work
Yes. Gnash:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/
you actually got Gnash working on showing videos from youtube?...
mine's just pretending the video is loading.
Newer Gnash version work reliably with YouTube (although they consume a
lot of CPU power). I'm using latest CVS, but 0.8.1 should do as well
selfcompile?
the deb packages does'n work then?
Right, I compiled 0.8.1 following the instructions at

	http://wiki.gnashdev.org/wiki/index.php/Building_on_Debian

I've worked with Linux for quite some time, but am new to Debian.  When
I didn't find anything with

	apt-cache search --names-only gnash

I figured a compiling myself was the way to go.  I did find deb packages
for all of its dependencies, except for swfmill, which I also compiled.
  So far, I throw stuff like this in my /opt directory.

I know, so did I. never cared much for opt, I'm just going with /usr/local/bin

but the gnash wont compile and breaks off with a nonsense error on deb/testing. Can't remember now what happened, I'll try again in a while to see if things changes after some cvs updates.

After apt-get'ing all of the dependencies and building swfmill, I added the ming and swfmill binaries to my path, in order for the configure to complete successfully through the testing phase:

	export PATH=$PATH:/usr/lib/libming/bin:/opt/swfmill-0.2.12/bin

Also, I think the libming-util deb package being needed may not have been explicitly called out. But, after all of this, things worked great with the 0.8.1 gnash available here:

	http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gnash/0.8.1/

Roy