Re: Right-Click - Middle Click Lombard Keyboard - etch

> > On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 the mental interface of
> > Michael Schmitz told:

Truth be told, that mental interface had a brain fart... what I meant to
suggest is installing mouseemu, not pbbuttonsd...

> > [...]
> > > Install pbbuttonsd and configure the desired emulation keycodes
> > > (the keycodes others have suggestef for the sysctl interface
> > > should do).
>
> How do settings in pbbuttonsd affect those set via sysctl? Or
> vice-versa ..?

I think what happens is that emulation keys set via sysctl do get sent
directly to the mouse input driver, and are not passed on to the event
input driver. Meaning mouseemu is preempted altogether. You can set up a
different set of keys in mouseemu, both are totally independent.

Caveat: I have not looked at the relevant kernel source parts in a year -
I may be misremembering the thing about preemption of event devices above.
In that case (if and only if you have the same emulation keys set via both
sysctl and mouseemu) you would get to see each emulated button twice: once
via the mouse driver directly, and once via the mouseemu event device.

> > Can't find relevant options in pbbuttonsd.cnf(5)?
>
> Correct - at least not with pbbuttonsd 0.7.9-2. And not for a mouse
> button emulation via the keyboard.

See above... s/pbbuttonsd/mouseemu/

	Michael