Re: How to speed up your Mac.

On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 19:20:11 +0100, stuart wrote:

> Does anyone think that more swap will help me( I've got 640 ram ) - and
> to be honest i think my bottle neck is not the RAM(free -m tells me I'm
> okay from ram...) its the CPU( so for a cpu centric option like
> compiling software to suit the suit like a glove may be the best
> option?) Suggestions?

Your bottleneck is your bus speed. There is nothing you can do about that.

Installing a newer hard drive might help a bit, but (as you noticed) it's
not the amount of ram, it's the speed of it.

Sorry to put it bluntly, but you're trying to run 2007 software on a 2002
(?) machine at full speed, and that is simply not possible.

--
Best Regards, Jack
Linux User #264449