Re: Trouble copying kernel Wallstreet

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 13:51:52 -0700
"Harold Johnson" <harold.johnson@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm installing Debian to my PowerBook G3 ("Wallstreet").  I'm having
> trouble copying my vmlinux and initrd.gz files from my Debian
> partition to my Mac OS petition.  I'm near the end of the
> installation process, and typically I'm able to mount the hfs (Mac
> OS) partition using the following command:
why do yo uave to do that?
just to be curious, it's the pb the one all black, right?
i make my mind a mess thinking about the names of those pb series....
i think i've got a pb like yours, a g3 333 and debian boot fine by
itself

> cd /target
> mkdir hfs
> mount /dev/hda10 hfs -t hfs
>
> In other words, I've moved into the /target directory, created a
> directory called "hfs", and then mounted my Mac OS partition (located
> at /dev/hda10).
>
> That's what is supposed to happen, anyway -- and it usually does,
> when I'm installing Ubuntu -- but I'm installing Debian now, and I'm
> not able to mount my device.  I keep getting an error message,
> something about the device not existing.  The problem, I think, is
> that I'm not certain where my device is located.  I believed it
> was /dev/hda10 since that's how it is referenced when I install
> Ubuntu, but apparently it's not.  Does anyone know how to find the
> Mac OS partition?

anyway, if you issue a dmesg command in this way:
dmesg | grep hda
you should see, first of all, what are the partitions on the hard disk.
then you can issue an
fdisk /dev/hda
inside it, write 'p', you should see the list of partitions