Re: Right-Click - Middle Click Lombard Keyboard - etch

Hi Brian, I have been thru this just a few days back. Here's something
that i have on my iBook G4 and works fine.

On 11/30/07, Brian McKee <brian.mckee@gmail.com> wrote:
>         The most annoying thing at the moment is how do I get right and
> middle click using the trackpad?  It would be nice if I could hold
> down control-click for right click and alt-click for middle click.

Append the following three lines to your /etc/sysctl.conf and then reboot.
dev/mac_hid/mouse_button_emulation = 1
dev/mac_hid/mouse_button2_keycode =87
dev/mac_hid/mouse_button3_keycode =88

then, F11 (87) and F12 (88) should be useable...  you might get some
more info from these two threads... and in general google ('linux
mouse click sysctl'):
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7012

btw, my question to the experienced guys here: is there any non-reboot
method, i.e something along the lines of "/etc/init.d/xxxx restart"??

HTH,
--
Regards
PK