Re: missing images at ebay

--- Charles Plessy <charles-debian-nospam@plessy.org>
wrote:

> Le Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 10:33:07PM -0700, brian a
> �crit :
> >
> > also, is anyone running the current ibm java ? I
> > downloaded it but have not installed it.
>
> Hi,
>
> the title of your email looks like a spam ;)

hmmm ??

> IBM java is supported by Debian's `java-package'
> package, but you will
> need Lenny's or Sid's one because IBM does not
> distibute the same
> tarballs as during Etch freeze. Also, you may need
> to install
> libstdc++5.

that's fine, I am running sid. thanks for the hint !!

> But I have no idea if it will make a difference when
> browsing Ebay...

actually i would think not, i am just resistant to
java and looking for a culprit. but there were some
examples in my field at ibm which were in java and
I could/should look at even if I do not program in
it...

I suspect that the images missing (not just at ebay)
are because I am using iceweasl and not
gnome/enlightenment at least. but I am trying to
save resources and all that keeping this ancient
laptop
with a minimal setup and saving the expensive
for real need.

Brian