Kernel 'config SENSORS_AMS[_PMU]' - what does it do ... ?

Hi All

Is disk head parking possible now with SENSORS_AMS built from the
latest git sources? Or is there some separate driver that does the
parking?  On Google I found SENSORS_AMS_HDPARK being mentioned, but
only for a short period of time, in summer 2006.  And the pattern
'hdpark' seems to be missing in the latest git sources ...

If there's no disk parking possible currently: Is there some other use
of SENSORS_AMS/SENSORS_AMS_PMU? ... Reading the source:
Disabling/Resetting disk interrupts; pmu resets after free falls? ... :)

Also: With a post-November 2005 Powerbook 5,8: I *do* have to choose
SENSORS_AMS_PMU as well, not just SENSORS_AMS, when trying to enable
motion sensing for this machine? Correct?

Thanks in anticipation

Best Regards
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

I made slight changes on Key ID: E3037113. Please refresh it.
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on