linux-image-2.6.22-1-powerpc and nvidia frame buffer problem

Hi List:

Just saw that linux-image-2.6.22-1-powerpc_2.6.22-1_powerpc.deb was out
and decided to give it a try in my 12" powerbook.

It all seems to work ok except for the framebuffer 'resolution'
detection, I mean that in the booting process I get taller letters
(deformed, they are stretched, also happens the same with the penguin
logo) and the prompt is lost somewhere down under the screen.

I can solve this by blindly typing: "fbset 1024x768-60", but this
didn't happen with kernels up to (and included) 2.6.21.

I have tried several possible combinations in yaboot.conf:

- append="video=nv:1024x768-60 ...
- append="video=rivafb:1024x768-60
without luck.

Being "video=ofonly"  the only one that gives a 'correct' frame buffer,
but I lose the ability to dim the screen backlight.

Has anyone observed this behaviour and knows how to solve it without the
'fbset...' trick?

Thanks.
A. Corbi