Re: Builds disturbed by the usage of a 64bit kernel.

Le Mon, May 28, 2007 at 07:52:42PM -0400, Albert Cahalan a écrit :

> 1. you actually ARE cross compiling
> 2. you didn't tell the package that (via make arguments, etc.)

Hi,

does it mean that there is something broken in the concept of a Debian
port? When I install a "Debian Etch for powerpc" on my iMac G5, when I
want to backport a package from Sid by doing "apt-get source --build",
if I understand correctly, I am unintentionally cross-compiling ?

If apt-get is called with the linux32 tool, does it suppress
cross-compiling ? Shall I file a wishlist bug on apt to ask that that
kind of tool is used by default when necessary ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org